Friday, March 7, 2014

I ran my first 5K ten years ago, the Big Rapids River Run. This year, with God's Grace and safe travels, I will run my 57th Marathon in my 50th State of these United States of America. This Blog will be my personal memoir and reflection into that journey. I have 10 states to go and thought this would be a fitting time to begin relating my journey as it crescendos towards this finish. As I reach this milestone I find myself at an interesting time in my life. I am a 50 year old woman fighting off the ravages of menopause, considering retirement, and loving the adventures that life has brought me.

Ten States to Go

This weekend I am heading to run my 48th marathon in Maryland, my 41 state. I will pack my book bag tonight with as little as possible and get up at 3am tomorrow morning to make the 6am flight from Escanaba. This routine is so soothing and exciting at the same time. I know I may face freezing rain on the roads tomorrow, flight delays and rerouting. But I can't wait for the possibility of meeting people who are booked already to sit next to me on the flight, joke with the car rental folks, be welcomed by my amazing family who I will be staying with and that is all before the race gun goes off. Actually I hear that this race is hosted by a Korean Club and the start is with a gong, I LOVE IT!
So much to share. I want this to be a symphony of life to bounce off of your souls and resonate with your spirits. I want you to feel with me the joy of a mediocre runner stretching the limits of this existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment